Monday, 16 December 2013

'Tis The Season To Be Jolly


I'm home! Finally! I arrived on Sunday but my suitcase got left behind in Dubai so I could only get it today.  I was anxious to get my hands on it because it's full of Christmas gifts and my Christmas jumper.  Both are obviously crucial to the festive season! You can't put a tree up without a Christmas jumper on!

We put our old faithful plastic tree outside to shake the dust off it and let it air, and then mum and me spent the rest of the afternoon making traditional German Christmas cookies.  We've already made four different varieties and tomorrow there are a whole load more on the agenda.  I'm planning to share one of our favourite recipes with you if you'd like?  In the evening we then decorated our tree together with Christmas music and glasses of bubbly.  There's nothing quite like listening to 'Let it Snow!' and looking out of the living room window knowing you can see then sea.  Christmas in a warm country is such a special treat to me.

Tomorrow my mum and I are doing our last minute Christmas present run which will be fun because it's not o stressful here with all the masses of people doing their shopping.  I'm still struggling with jet-lag (I keep falling asleep in front of the TV) so tomorrow will probably be another lazy day with cookies and more naps.  Not bad for the festive season though right?

Have you guys put your tree up yet? My parents grew up with the German tradition of only getting a tree on the 24th of December which seems so far away still! I'm glad they didn't carry that tradition over!

More soon
x



| find me on twitter, instagram, pinterest and bloglovin |

2 comments

  1. I hope you had a wonderful time in Dubai! The Christmas tree looks lovely!
    Have a nice week!

    Sofie x
    Little green Sofie

    ReplyDelete
  2. The tree looks lovely and that jumper is amazing - really will need to pick one of those up! :)
    theemeralddove21.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

All your comments are very much appreciated! If you have any questions either leave them with your comments or get in touch with me here: ninanenor@gmail.com @the_littlenomad

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
| the little nomad |. All rights reserved. © Maira Gall.