Friday, 24 January 2014

Being a Homebody


When I googled 'homebody' the definition that I found says that a homebody is 'a person who likes to stay at home, especially one who is perceived as unadventurous.'  Now I am the first to say that I am a massive homebody but would like to say that being a homebody doesn't necessarily mean you're not adventurous.  I like being out and about and experiencing new things but what I love most about it, is coming home at the end of it.

I love spending time with my friends and doing things but home really is where the heart is.  I love the comfort of cranking up the heating (heating bills be dammed I will not live in a freezing house), making a cup of tea and lighting a scented candle.  I worked for a bar for a year and saw some right sights so the idea of going out and 'clubbing' on a weekend generally fills me with some mild dread.  I go out maybe twice a month? I got all the partying out of my system in my first year and seeing as I've signed up as an organ donor I feel I should keep my liver in the best condition possible.  Staying in just seems safer and more fun (for the time being I get my second hand embarrassment by watching What Happens in Kavos and Sunny Beach).


My ideal Friday night is spent on my sofa with a cup of tea, or if I'm feeling adventurous a glass of wine, a film and reading through some of my favourite blog posts.  I always make sure I have nice things around me in my living room that make it cosy, it makes it hard to try and drag myself to bed once I decide to turn in.  It's comforting to have stuff around you that makes you happy. Company and cuddles are also appreciated, ideally in the form of a kitten or a corgi but a girl can dream.  Fluffy socks and nice smelling moisturisers are also a must! Rain outside is also a nice addition for the atmosphere.  I'm working my way through some old Disney films at the moment, I still need to see Frozen so maybe that will be my next Friday night!

Are you guys homebodies as well? What would your ideal Friday night be?

More soon!
x




| find me on twitter, instagram, pinterest and bloglovin |

8 comments

  1. I think this is definitely something that comes with age. I would much rather go out for dinner & drinks and be able to hear myself think (or the company that I am dinin with) - without having to shout! Followed by a night tucked up in bed or on the sofa watching back to back episodes of my favourite shows or a great movie! My feet are also much happier with this arrangement, rather than in 5in heels on a cold rainy night! Being a homebody is the way forward- for sure!

    www.excusemeforawhile.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am a complete homebody - after a long week at work I love coming home on a Friday night to a hot shower, clean bed sheets and a DVD. I went out a lot as a student so I just don't really feel the need very much anymore (a hangover once a month is more than enough!)

    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh your house looks lovely and cozy :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm the same way I like being at home sitting with my cats and watching a good movie.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm very mush a homebody! I get quite homesick if I'm away too long!
    Gold Dust
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm definitely a homebody. My ideal Friday night is just the same as yours! I love being at home or coming home after a long day.

    Sofie x
    Little green Sofie

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm definitely a homebody! I'm happy to spend all day out and about but I'd take a night in over clubbing any day xx
    www.LaurasHaven.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love those pictures, they've made me feel super cosy. I've been really busy recently, but tonight I'm having a night in...It's so nice to just chill and have a blog catch up. I also love having some time on my own.

    Liz xx

    Distract Me Now Please

    ReplyDelete

All your comments are very much appreciated! If you have any questions either leave them with your comments or get in touch with me here: ninanenor@gmail.com @the_littlenomad

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
| the little nomad |. All rights reserved. © Maira Gall.