Monday, 24 February 2014

Nina Eats - Juno Lounge


So the day before Valentine's Day I caught up with my number one Valentine: one of my closest friends who I've known since Freshers Week at university and we've been essentially inseparable since.  She's moved closer to where I live so we've been making the most of living closer to each other by exploring what our neighbourhood has to offer.  

Juno Lounge is a stones throw away from my flat, I've been a couple of times for either drinks or lunch but never dinner so I was excited to give it a go.  We went on a freezing cold and wet evening and Juno Lounge welcomed us with a warm and cosy interior and a very tempting specials menu as well as their staple menu.  My Valentine and I both share a love of carbs (see why we're friends?) so we both went for the gnocchi with butternut squash and creme fraiche sauce.  Very tasty, the harissa in the sauce gave it a nice kick as butternut squash sadly has a tendency to get a bit bland.  The gnocchi were average, we're not living in Italy and it was only £8.50 for the portion so I can't be fussy.  Nonetheless it was very tasty and there wasn't anything left on either of our plates.

We rounded things off with dessert, I went for a huge brownie and my Valentine had sticky toffee pudding.  Boarding school has forever ruined toffee pudding for me (and most forms of sponge cakes) so I felt safe with my chocolate brownie.  Again it was very tasty and a very generous portion size!

We washed our food down with tasty cocktails.  My first cocktail was a Cherry Bakewell cocktail, it tasted like cherry drop sweets but it wasn't as good as the one I had in Cosy Club.  Still a nice accompaniment to dinner and something different to my usual choice of G&T.  For second dessert (yes that's a thing as far as I'm concerned) I did revert to my gin and went for the bizarrely named 'Long Bebbo' which was essentially gin and orange juice.  When I drink cocktails I don't always want to taste the alcohol but I like to get the fuzzy head feeling when after sitting down for ages you finally stand up.  So safe to say I tottered home very full and warm and fuzzy from a great evening spent gossiping and laughing.  Just what the doctor ordered.

If you're a Cardiff resident give Juno Lounge a try, it's the perfect pit stop for lunch after a morning wander in Roath Park.  I do love my neighbourhood there's so much to explore and so many good places to eat!



Price: ££
Address: 14 Wellfield Road, Cardiff CF24 3PB 
Phone: 029 2019 8990 
Opening hours: 9:00 am – 11:00 pm
Twitter

| find me on twitter, instagram, pinterest and bloglovin |

2 comments

All your comments are very much appreciated! If you have any questions either leave them with your comments or get in touch with me here: ninanenor@gmail.com @the_littlenomad

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
| the little nomad |. All rights reserved. © Maira Gall.