Friday, 14 February 2014

Review | Urban Decay Lipstick in Native

Urban Decay Lipstick Native
Urban Decay Lipstick Native
Urban Decay Lipstick Native
Urban Decay Lipstick Native
Lipstick in Native C/O Urban Decay | £15
Lip liner in Native C/O Urban Decay | £13

My love for lipstick is never ending.  I think it's just wonderful, you can have neutral make up and the minute you put some lipstick you in instantly feel glamorous.  One of my favourite quotes is from Liz Taylor which is "Pour yourself a drink, put some lipstick on and get yourself together" and this is the perfect lipstick to do just that.

Nudes were something I tended to shy away from but it's something I've really come around too.  For a fresh spring look I think this is the perfect colour that would suit everyone.  It's very much a 'my lips but better' colour without blending into my skin tone.

From the packaging to the formula this is pure luxe.  The theme here is 'luxe-but-bad-ass' which is just up my street.  This is the kind of lipstick you put on to start your day with a bang and to make you feel good.  The pigmentation is spot on and goes on like a dream.  It feels very nourishing and I feel like it also hydrates my lips.  The finish is comparable to the satin MAC finishes, it doesn't stain your lips but neither does it dry.  Because of the colour it's very low maintenance which is perfect if like me you're always eating and drinking.

Now some people aren't big believers in lip liner, I urge you to reconsider this.  Lip liner adds extra wear time to your lipstick which obviously makes things easier for you and adds a whole new dimension to your look.  The lip liner has a tendency to stick to the drier parts of your lips so a lip scrub is a must.  For a simple nude look just the lip liner would work as well.

In terms of price, these are 50p more than MAC lipsticks and whilst I got this in my Urban Decay goodie bag, I would pay £15 for this lipstick.  There is a heck of a lot of product in the tube and the staying power of these is pretty good (add Lipcote to the mix and you're sorted for the whole day).  Lipsticks last forever, I have yet to finish a tube so I really think it's worth the money, you're getting a spot on product.  I normally reach for MAC lipsticks but I need to cast my net wider and investigate more at UD! There are loads more colours in their range that I already have my eyes on!

| find me on twitter, instagram, pinterest and bloglovin |

7 comments

  1. I love UD packaging, so pretty, and that colour is lovely! Would suit anyone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This lipstick looks SO lovely on you. I'm wearing mine right now! I generally always use MAC, but after having this in the goody bag I think I'll definitely be buying some more of these. I loved the lip liner too, and I'm a person who generally doesn't use it. Love your photos, too :) xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this colour it's a perfect nude colour, I need to stop reaching for my MAC lipsticks and look else where as well and I think it might be UD!!

    Hallie xx
    knitteddaisy.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this lipstick I have it in this shade and naked! the formula is brilliant and soo moistursing without doubt one of my all time faves xxxx

    Laura | Tease Flutter Pout

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely little colour!

    www.stylecastle.co.uk

    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. That colour is lovely on you!

    http://starsandspaceandstuff.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

All your comments are very much appreciated! If you have any questions either leave them with your comments or get in touch with me here: ninanenor@gmail.com @the_littlenomad

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
| the little nomad |. All rights reserved. © Maira Gall.