Saturday, 15 March 2014

Nina Eats - The Grazing Shed

The Grazing Shed Cardiff

The restaurant scene in Cardiff has gotten really exciting in the last couple of months.  There are more and more well priced independents that are opening up and so many of them pride themselves on locally sourcing their food which I am fully on board with.

One of these is the recently opened burger bar: The Grazing Shed.  Everything in this placed in locally sourced.  EVERYTHING.  The burger buns are from a bakery in Penarth, the meat from a farm in West Wales and the bottomless drinks also come from an independent Welsh manufacturer.  The burgers are called 'Super Tidy Burgers' for full Welsh flair and trust me they are tasty!

The menu is kept simple so the ingredients do all the talking.  You have the options of beef, chicken and even vegetarian.  They do amazingly priced student deals and they do smaller version of their burgers which is great for someone like me who struggles to finish her burger every time.  The seating here is pretty nice too, you sit on long benches like Wagamama's.

The food here is served ridiculously quick.  So quick in fact that last time I just about had time to get my drink from the drinks machine and sit down before my burger was placed before me.  This is great if you're in a rush and want to know you're going to get your food in less than five minutes.  But it can be a little disconcerting if you like to amble a bit and take your time with dinner but then again who is real going to complain if their food arrives too quickly?

This place is always heaving when I walk past which really makes me super happy.  The prices are fairly decent (£11 for a meal deal) and trust me there's a lot of food! I'm happy to pay to support local farmers and fresh produce, you really can taste the difference.  Having The Grazing Shed in Cardiff is a great alternative to Gourmet Burger Kitchen where I invariably tend to find myself.

If you're a Cardiff local check it out!
x


The Grazing Shed Cardiff

Price: ££
Address: 1 Barrack Lane, Cardiff
Opening Hours: Monday to Thursday 11am - 9pm, Friday to Saturday 11am - 10pm, Sunday 11am - 9pm
Website.
Twitter

| find me on twitter, instagram, pinterest and bloglovin |

6 comments

  1. Mmmmm that looks delicious food, it is lovely to know that everything is locally sourced. I will always have a special little place for Penarth in my heart.

    Hannah x | lovelettersandsnippets

    ReplyDelete
  2. iv been wanting to try this place for aaggggeeeess! ima have to persuade my flat mate to go with me ! sounds great !

    ReplyDelete
  3. it looks so cosy and the food looks so delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're doing such a good job promoting Cardiff - it's definitely convincing me to come and visit!

    Saskia
    Girl in Brogues

    ReplyDelete
  5. This place looks/sounds amazing. I find independent restaurants generally have a nicer atmosphere as well as better/more interesting food.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks good and it is great that everything is local, will definitely have to visit.x

    Leanne - A Slice of My Life

    ReplyDelete

All your comments are very much appreciated! If you have any questions either leave them with your comments or get in touch with me here: ninanenor@gmail.com @the_littlenomad

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
| the little nomad |. All rights reserved. © Maira Gall.