Sunday, 23 March 2014

Nina Eats - La Vita


Last Friday night I had a hot date with my favourite Welsh baban - Welsh Girl Problems (her real identity is a secret sorry guys!).  You guys need to get over onto her Twitter.  Trust me.

I have suddenly developed a social life and so to celebrate WGP and myself hit up an Italian restaurant on Wellfield Road called La Vita.  La Vita used to be located right in the city centre but moved into my neighbourhood.  And thank my lucky stars.  Italian food is my favourite ever cuisine (German comes in on second, sorry not sorry).  This place is BYOB (Bring Your Own Booze) and it's a £2.50 corkage charge.  Seems fair enough, wine and alcohol is normally what drives up the final bill price.

My dinner date was far more sensible than I was and went for a vegetable salad and I had pasta with a creamy sausage sauce.  My pasta was slightly overcooked which is a massive pet hate for me. But then again I'm quite fussy and like it super 'al dente'.  But other than that my meal was very tasty.  A nice bite of chilly and fresh basil is always good in my book.

Dessert was where it got really good.  WGP and myself were torn about what to get so got a different dessert each and shared.  The panna cotta with strawberry sauce was super tasty and a very light way to round things off.  The tiramisu was great too, not overwhelmingly coffee based and the portion size was good - not too little not too much.  I walked away from this meal pleasantly full but not stuffed, the best way to leave a meal!

La Vita has an open kitchen which is great because you can see the chef working again, but the downside of this is that it is boiling in the restaurant as you can see from the steamed up windows.  No need to wrap up warm here guys!  They're also open for lunch and have pizzas from as little as £5 so perfect if you're up and about in Roath.


Price: ££
5 Wellfield Road
Telephone: 02920480161
Also open for lunch

| find me on twitter, instagram, pinterest and bloglovin |

3 comments

  1. look a really nice place!
    http://maybettonight.blogspot.com.es/

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks amazing, i always look forward to your food posts.

    ReplyDelete

All your comments are very much appreciated! If you have any questions either leave them with your comments or get in touch with me here: ninanenor@gmail.com @the_littlenomad

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
| the little nomad |. All rights reserved. © Maira Gall.