Wednesday, 26 March 2014

Nina Eats - Stag Coffee


I know I'm getting repetitive but seriously guys good food things are happening to Cardiff! When I started university here in 2009 (god already that long ago? CRY) there weren't the many great independent coffee shops or restaurants.  Then bam I come back from my year abroad and I can't seem to go a week without finding something new! Hence why there's almost a new Nina Eats post every week.

So Helen coaxed me out into the rain on a dull Thursday to explore a new coffee shop that has only been open for about five weeks.  It was worth getting caught in the rain (I forgot my umbrella that day, rookie error in Wales), trust me.

Stag Coffee (85 Crwys Road) is a brand spanking new coffee shop run by a previous manager of the student classic The Woodville.  This place is small but super inviting and the decor is ON POINT.  Quirky but not overwhelmingly so.  Everything has it's place and is chosen with so much care but all put together it looks effortless.  I can only dream of my house looking like this one day.  I went with Helen on Thursday and came back the next day with my friend Fiona so I think that vouches for how much I love this place! It's situated right on the heaving Crwys Road and is a quirky oasis of calm.

On my first visit Helen and me just had tea and chips.  I'm not even ashamed to say so. Helen recommended the chips saying they were the best she'd ever eaten and I'm inclined to agree.  Served in an enamel cup and with 'secret seasoning' they were a super tasty naughty treat.  It's also worth noting that all the tea served here is Teapigs.  Other drinks include milkshakes and chai lattes.  They also serve 'proper' food at Stag Coffee, on my second visit Fiona had a burger whilst I opted for a salad to counteract my chip binge the day before.  My salad was as to be expected (you can't really go wrong with a greek salad) and Fiona said her burger was excellent, all the food was also very reasonably priced! Both our bills including drinks came to £8.  You really can't complain.  Stag Coffee also do breakfasts so it's invariable that I'll drag someone else there at some point during the weekend to test that out.  I have high hopes.  

The service here is also really friendly, we sat down and were seen to very quickly but not rushed which was great as there were a lot of options to consider before we ordered!

I feel like I'm gushing but this is a very lovely little place that should be on your list of places to check out ASAP if you live in Cardiff.  I can see myself living here when revision and dissertation season kick in.

Get yourself to Stag Coffee guys!

x

| find me on twitter, instagram, pinterest and bloglovin |

5 comments

  1. Great pictures! That place look so nice :)
    xx
    http://maybettonight.blogspot.com.es/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tea and chips!! Tea and chips!!! Teapigs tea!! And chips!!!! Italy is seriously NOT living up the the UK right now. Have you tried the peppermint and liquorice tea that Teapigs do? Brought some back with me last time and it is blowing my mind! xxx
    La Lingua : Food, Life, Love, Travel, Friends, Italy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tea and chips sounds awesome haha. I love the decor of this place (and your dress!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely lil place. Also, that dress has so many cats on it and it blows my mind (in a wonderful way).

    ReplyDelete

All your comments are very much appreciated! If you have any questions either leave them with your comments or get in touch with me here: ninanenor@gmail.com @the_littlenomad

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
| the little nomad |. All rights reserved. © Maira Gall.