Saturday, 5 April 2014

Forgotten Oman memories


My family got some amazing news over the weekend, my dad has a new job in quite an exotic location.  They're off to Rio de Janeiro! 

I can't believe it just yet, and I can't wait for them to get their visas and head over there after the summer.  It does however mean that our time in the Middle East is over.  I knew it when I left at Christmas but didn't want to admit it at the time.  I grew up in the Middle East, we moved over there when I was 5 and we've been there ever since so I guess I rather naively thought we would always stay there.  But times change and new opportunities arise.  I'm so thrilled for my dad and it's amazing to see how his hard work that he's been putting in for over 30 years is paying off for him. 

I'm pretty sad that our Oman adventure is over but our Rio de Janeiro adventure is just around the corner! So in honour of some amazing 16 years of living in the Middle East I wanted to post some photos of my last amazing Oman trip.



I'm so privileged that my family's efforts means we can live in such a wonderful and beautiful country.  Some people I know have never left Europe and I know I'm blessed and probably spoilt beyond belief.  I knew this trip at Christmas was going to be our last, I tried to soak it all up. My life has come so far since my first ever camping trip in Oman when I was about 6.  Life is unexpected and wonderful and you just have to grab it by the balls and enjoy every second of it because you never know what life will throw your way next.

Shukran Oman and vamos ao Brasil! (Goes off and listens to The Girl From Ipanema on repeat). 



| find me on twitter, instagram, pinterest and bloglovin |

6 comments

  1. Oh wow! What an amazing opportunity! I expect it will be sad to leave but Rio will be such a colourful new adventure. A friend of mine has just come back from working out there and I was always envious of his photos, especially at carnival time! Congrats to your dad and enjoy this next phase of life! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so exciting for you! It looks so beautiful there - great pics! :)
    theemeralddove21.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow super exciting! It's a stunning place.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow rio will be such an a amazing opportunity. You'll be able to make some new great memories there!
    Sophie
    X

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great post!

    http://closertotheedgeblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so envious x) Rio must be deliriously amazing! Enjoy the opportunity^^

    ReplyDelete

All your comments are very much appreciated! If you have any questions either leave them with your comments or get in touch with me here: ninanenor@gmail.com @the_littlenomad

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
| the little nomad |. All rights reserved. © Maira Gall.