Tuesday, 20 May 2014

Blue jeans, hawaiian shirt

Shirt: flea market find in Montpellier
Jeans: H&M (ancient)
Shoes: Birkenstock Madrid
Necklace: Primark
Bag: Lola and Me
Nails: Essie Watermelon
Lips: MAC True Love's Kiss 
Sunglasses: Les Specs*

I don't do summer wear well.  Everyone has spent this weekend running around in maxi dresses, bum cheek baring high-waisted shorts and sporting sunburns.  I prefer baggy shirts and rolled up trousers.  This Hawaiian number is one from my year abroad times where I went to the flea market every Sunday.  It's ugly but amazing all at once I think.  Clashing bright prints is become my new favourite thing and I'm still more than in love with my Sofia clutch bag from Lola and Me. Dreamy isn't she?

This outfit is also an ode to the Birkenstock.  My German family and I are baffled by the fashion world's sudden interest in Birkenstocks.  I have worn Birkenstock all my life and have lived with the taunting stereotype that all Germans wear sandals (and socks).  But they are so comfortable and as my shirt shows you, I have an affinity for ugly clothes.  I do feel a sense of pride at how much interest Birkenstocks are getting especially as this is a German brand that has been going from strength to strength since 1774.  

If you're considering jumping on the Birkenstock bandwagon can I please urge you to buy the original Birkenstocks and not knock offs? These are orthopaedic so are excellent for your feet, made in Germany and they will last you years! I have yet to wear out or break a pair.  

I'm in the middle of exam season which I can't wait to be over, I just want to get stuck into my dissertation and actually enjoy some summer weather.

Hope you enjoyed a sunny weekend!
x




| find me on twitter, instagram, pinterest and bloglovin |

5 comments

  1. Awesome outfit! Especially the shirt and jeans, I'm the same as you when it comes to summer dressing! Good luck with your exams and everything :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think it's an ugly shirt, it's quite a cute print! I really like the clutch.

    Saskia / girlinbrogues.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. sehr schöne Kombination! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I CAN'T WAIT UNTIL EXAMS ARE OVER AND WE CAN HAVE A LIFE AGAIN! I'm actually going mental :( xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love your palm shirt and your little red clutch! xx

    ReplyDelete

All your comments are very much appreciated! If you have any questions either leave them with your comments or get in touch with me here: ninanenor@gmail.com @the_littlenomad

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
| the little nomad |. All rights reserved. © Maira Gall.