Saturday, 3 May 2014

I'm so fancy

Jacket: vintage
Roll-neck: River Island (sale)
Skirt: New Look
Shoes: Topshop
Lips: Catfight by Urban Decay

So sometimes I put on an outfit that looks great in the mirror but then when I step out the door and take photos it doesn't look so great.  Even though I put myself on the internet I'm not the most confident person in the world.  The fact is I sit between a size 10/12 and if I wanted to be fitter and slimmer all I have to do is get my trainers on and move my ass.  But at the same time I think that we come in all wonderful different shapes and sizes and that life is too short to overthink how your belly looks in a skirt.  I don't have a flat stomach, I like pasta and hate running.  Makes sense that I don't look like a Victoria Secret model.  But everything else in my life is going so well I really don't want to start pressuring myself into looking a certain way there are more important things for me to worry about.

Anyway moving away from my body confidence speech, this is what I wore when I joint my Welsh soul sister for a beautiful walk around Roath Park.  I'm so lucky that this is right in front of my doorstep.  I'm a little reluctant to say goodbye to my winter hibernation layers but once it gets warmer bring on the vitamin D! There'll be a separate post on our park adventure so keep an eye out for that.

This was also an excellent opportunity to take my gorgeous Sophia clutch bag from Lola and Me on an adventure.  Lola and Me is the brain child of Heidi-Louis from who is also the Business Director at her own Design Studio too.  Her range of bags is all about being bright and beautiful and I am all about supporting Welsh designers.  Check out her website and fall in love with her amazing range of bags that are also extremely affordable.  I've been taking my bag everywhere, wether it's on it's own or inside my bigger bags to keep all my little bits and pieces together.

In more exciting news I've signed for a new flat and in just little over a month I'll be in my new place.  Life is good and full of exciting opportunities!

Hope you all have a lovely Bank Holiday!

x


| find me on twitter, instagram, pinterest and bloglovin |

6 comments

  1. Wow those sunglasses are such beauties! Adore them!
    Sophie
    X

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never had a flat stomach either and I never will! You look lovely! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Roath park is so lovely! I'm so glad Cardiff is finally beginning to warm up :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely outfit, especially that skirt :) I've literally got no motivation to go for a run or to the gym! Yay for the new flat! xx

    everythingbutthekitchen.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a great outfit - I love the stripes, tartan and denim together. And don't stress - you look gorgeous (I bet even Victoria Secret models sometimes feel self conscious!).

    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those sunglasses are amazing! x

    ReplyDelete

All your comments are very much appreciated! If you have any questions either leave them with your comments or get in touch with me here: ninanenor@gmail.com @the_littlenomad

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
| the little nomad |. All rights reserved. © Maira Gall.