Sunday, 18 May 2014

MAC Maleficent Collection - True Love's Kiss

MAC Maleficent Lipstick
MAC Maleficent Lipstick
MAC Maleficent Lipstick
MAC Maleficent Lipstick
MAC Maleficent Lipstick
MAC Maleficent Lipstick
MAC Maleficent Limited Edition lipstick in True Love's Kiss | £16.50

Did I need another red lipstick? Probably not.  Did I need another MAC lipstick? Again probably not. But when I got the email about the Maleficent collection who was I to say no? To celebrate the launch of the summer blockbuster Maleficent featuring the stunning Angelina Jolie, MAC have launched a limited edition collection to tempt even the most demanding make up lovers! So much of the collection caught my eye but of course being a lipstick junkie this was what stole my heart.  

I was a little disappointed when I saw pictures of the packaging online but the photos don't do it justice.  It's still the trademark MAC black but the logo of the wings is matte and the silver writing is very striking and super luxurious.  Much better in person than online.

The finish of this lipstick is Amplified which is actually one of my favourites, it allows you to get maximum colour pay off.  It slides on beautifully and feels moisturising at the same time. I'm a matte girl at heart but they can be incredibly hard to work with.  Not the case here.  You can get away without using a liner but with reds it's better to be safe and have that crisp line. 

This is unlike a red I already own, it's very bright and depending which liner you use the shade changes.  MAC call it a yellow red I think.  I used a Sephora liner in 'Real Red' in these photos but when I use the MAC Cherry liner the lipstick is much darker.  I've included some swatches of other red lipsticks I own so you can compare the colour.  It's brighter than MAC Red but pinker than Russian Red so I can ease my conscious and justify this spending.

All in all I'm very pleased with this purchase, it's a very wearable colour that would suit anyone. Sadly it's already sold out on the MAC and Selfridges website so you might have to hunt it down! Can't wait for the film to come out, I'll most certainly be wearing this lipstick when I go to see it.

Do you guys like the colour?


MAC Maleficent Swatches
 Left to right: True Love's Kiss (Amplified MAC), MAC Red (Satin), Russian Red (Matte MAC), Rouge Volupté Red Muse (#17 YSL), Kiss of Life (111 Rimmel)
MAC Maleficent Lipstick
MAC Maleficent Lipstick
| find me on twitter, instagram, pinterest and bloglovin |

3 comments

  1. ooh very nice! Love that it has a little sheen to it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good colour for a lipstick. Also I like your tshirt:-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is stunning! And you can always use another red lippy!
    Two Hearts One Roof

    ReplyDelete

All your comments are very much appreciated! If you have any questions either leave them with your comments or get in touch with me here: ninanenor@gmail.com @the_littlenomad

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
| the little nomad |. All rights reserved. © Maira Gall.