Thursday, 29 May 2014

Things Nina Did - Art Car Bootique at Chapter


The Art Car Bootique at Chapter Arts Centre on Sunday promised music, food and vintage stalls so of course I was game.  

Chapter Arts Centre is a Cardiff institution which has been around for 40 years.  Nestled into the Canton area Chapter is a cinema, a theatre venue and also boats a pretty good food menu! Chapter show films you won't necessarily find in your standard cinema and also host theatre.  I saw a spectacular Cardiff University performance of The Crucible here a few years ago.

Chapter hosted the Art Car Bootique on Sunday which is basically a car boot sale with vintage finds and art projects on the go. Very different to anything I'd ever been to!


My boyfriend and I had a browse around the stalls and managed to pick up sone amazing vintage bargains.  I bought a two jumpers and a shirt for £9, expect outfit pictures soon! I could have left with a lot more but I really need to curb my vintage jumper habit it's becoming a serious problem.

The best thing about the Art Car Bootique was hands down the food.  We'd checked before we arrived what kind of food stalls there were going to be and already knew that we had to get our hands on a 'haute dog' from the guys who run Haute Dogs.  

There was already a queue when we arrived but it was worth the wait.  I went for 'The Hangover Cure' which had a bloody Mary vodka salsa, sea salt, black pepper, pickled celery matchsticks, tabasco sauce, creamed horseradish, coriander micro shoots plus a lemon wedge piled on a sausage.  It was hands down the best hot dog I have ever eaten and I inhaled mine. My boyfriend's hot dog of choice included cola onions, hot sauce, mustard and popping candy. We both ate in silence so I think that goes to show how tasty it was.  We washed our food down with a very strong margarita and went about our browsing very content.


It was a shame the day had started out so grim but it was fantastic seeing how many people came.  By the time we'd left the place was still heaving and it's great seeing people support artists and sellers.

I hope there's another Art Car Bootique next year because I will most certainly be there!



| find me on twitter, instagram, pinterest and bloglovin |

8 comments

  1. Looks awesome! Would have definitely given that Car-e-oke a go :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Am I honestly seeing this right? There was a novelty hot dog stand with a face hole and you didn't pose in it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your face looks a nice colour though, and your outfit and hair are on point!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely pictures. I love things like this, I could spend hours browsing round all the various stalls. And I love it when there's something nice to eat rather than just a standard burger van.

    Victoria, x victoriachapman.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like a great selection of stalls - the tea set stall is definitely one I'd like to rifle through!

    Saskia / girlinbrogues.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ive been a few times in the past, they are usually pretty decent for vintage finds!
    Two Hearts One Roof

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks like heaps of fun! Ah those hot dogs sound amazing. Popping candy on a hot dog though??

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like so much fun. I love things like this. You would definitely find me with the tea sets. Lol

    ReplyDelete

All your comments are very much appreciated! If you have any questions either leave them with your comments or get in touch with me here: ninanenor@gmail.com @the_littlenomad

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
the little nomad | a UK/German travel and lifestyle blog |. All rights reserved. © Maira Gall.