Saturday, 14 June 2014

Things Nina Did - Foodie Saturday

Allen's Bakery Cardiff
Allen's Bakery Cardiff
Allen's Bakery Cardiff
Allen's Bakery Cardiff
Allen's Bakery Cardiff
Allen's Bakery Cardiff

Apologies for the silence on the blog I've had a lot going on.  In the past week I have moved house and I successfully got the job which I've had my fingers crossed for! I don't really want to go into what it will be but let's just say I'm so lucky to get a job in this economy in something related to my degree.  I've also spent the past week moving to my new place and sorting all my stuff out.  Maybe a house tour is in order once I've cleared out all the boxes?

In a bid to do something that isn't just unpacking, this Saturday my Welsh soul sister Welsh Girl Problems and me decided to set out to gather things for a tasty brunch in my new place as a sort of house warming.  Our journey began at our local bakery: Allen's which I didn't know actually existed but it's been around for 100 years.  I picked up the most delicious white bread baguette and a wholemeal loaf.  They also sell pasties but WGP wanted to take me to Nata & Co in Splott for some Portuguese magic.


Nata & Co Cardiff
Nata & Co Cardiff
Nata & Co Cardiff

Nata & Co (118 Clifton Street) is a Portuguese bakery and cafe that sell both savoury and sweet pasties.  So many custards treats! We picked up a variety of tasty goods including pastry with custard and strawberries as well as peaches.  I also snuck in a loaf with chorizo in it as well as some little Portuguese custard tarts for my bakery skeptical boyfriend.  There was so much choice it was heaven and everything was fresh.  

We walked back to my flat through some amazing graffitied streets which were especially commissioned.  They make great outfit shooting locations.

Top: vintage BHS. Trousers: GAP. Boots: Topshop.  Sunglasses: Les Specs*


Supplied with cheese, fresh fruit, juice and some light reading we tucked in happily.  Spending some time exploring your neighbourhood and supporting independent retailers really pays off. Not only is it far tastier but sometimes it's even cheaper than the supermarket and you're supporting hard working individuals who are doing something they love.

WGP and myself are planning on making this a weekend thing, maybe if the weather stays this lovely we can move it to an outdoors picnic!




| find me on twitter, instagram, pinterest and bloglovin |

6 comments

  1. Ah I could gobble all that food up now!
    Sophie
    X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the job! I don't think I've ever seen bread with sausage in it. I feel like I'm missing out haha. Also that street art is super cool!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking at this post, make me hungry! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah the bakery looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loving new places to dine, to bad these places are arcross the ocean.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That bakery is near me so you must live near by :)

    Amy - Another Innocent Girl

    ReplyDelete

All your comments are very much appreciated! If you have any questions either leave them with your comments or get in touch with me here: ninanenor@gmail.com @the_littlenomad

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
| the little nomad |. All rights reserved. © Maira Gall.