Saturday, 26 July 2014

Give me one good reason Why I should never make a change

ASOS petite black and white check smock dress
ASOS petite black and white check smock dress
ASOS petite black and white check smock dress
Dress: ASOSBoots: Topshop. Bag: Primark. Necklace: Ever Ours. Sunglasses: Le Specs via Sunglasses Shop*. Lips: NARS Satin Lipstick in Yu. Nails by Rehab Nail Bar

Smock dresses are not flattering and I'm thankful for it.  

In case no one has told you yet (I'm being sarcastic) we're going through a heatwave in the UK.  I'm unsurprisingly struggling with it.  I'm in work most days and trying to find suitable office wear which doesn't turn you into a puddle is hard.  So on the weekends I want to wear clothes that are as comfortable as possible.  Smock dresses are perfect for this especially when they are on sale.  I don't care that this isn't flattering and makes me look bigger than I am, it's perfect for hot days.  I love that it has sleeves because that stops me from catching the sun and going pink.  The dress is also 100% cotton which keeps sweat to a minimum.  You might also think I'm a lunatic for wearing boots but summer sandals are cruel to my feet and shred them.  I'm just holding out for autumn.  Bring on the knitwear.

I'm sorry if you're blinded by my pasty white legs, Welsh Girl Problems is determined to get me into fake tan but I'm apprehensive.  She is the photographer behind these images which I roped her into doing after we had a lovely drawn out visit to Waterloo Tea Gardens which is my new favourite place in Cardiff.  Expect a review soon.

All I've done today is eat, drink coffee and walk around the park and I'm exhausted.  I want to nap.  Summer warmth makes me so unproductive.

ASOS petite black and white check smock dress
ASOS petite black and white check smock dress
ASOS petite black and white check smock dress
ASOS petite black and white check smock dress
ASOS petite black and white check smock dress
| find me on twitter, instagram, pinterest and bloglovin |

5 comments

  1. Love the dress, definitely perfect for this heatwave we're having

    laurensibs.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it really suits you! Miss you! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't think this is unflattering at all - it's such a cute, cool shape and pattern. I think my favourite part is you've accessorised with a copy of The Times!

    x

    p.s. I'm with you on the weather - roll on autumn and oxblood jumpers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love my smock dress when the weather's hot! Screw flattering, who cares if you're comfortable and looking cute (which you are).

    ReplyDelete

All your comments are very much appreciated! If you have any questions either leave them with your comments or get in touch with me here: ninanenor@gmail.com @the_littlenomad

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
| the little nomad |. All rights reserved. © Maira Gall.