Thursday, 19 May 2016

How To Be Alone Part 3: Little Solo Adventures


Let's face it. Most of us have spent an aimless Saturday night endlessly scrolling through some travel bloggers Instagram wishing that you could just pack it all in and go travelling.

Alas, I have council tax to pay and a job to go to. I've moved around a lot as a teen and so I'm actually very content with being settled and growing my roots in Wales. My parents also live somewhere fairly exotic so I try and see them as often as possible.

But even I get itchy feet sometimes. Sometimes I want to pull down my suitcase from its hiding place on my wardrobe, and just throw everything in and head out. Sadly holidays and lack of funds means this isn't always an option.

What I'm trying to do instead is appreciate what is right in front of my doorstep, which in this case is the green mountain of Caerphilly.


Mini solo adventures are actually a great way to get out of the house and keeping yourself busy. It's easy to be sat at home overthinking things and getting down, but being in the fresh air seems to shake the cobwebs off.

Caerphilly is a quick train ride away from my house and on a beautiful clear day climbing to the top of the mountain is a good way of working up a bit of a sweat. Once I got to the top I rewarded myself with a thermos of tea and a breather.


Just being out of the house lifts my spirits. 

Little explorations outside of my own front door are a great way to be out and about but also feel like you are discovering something new. It might not be the Maldives or Thailand but this is my home country and exploring more of it makes me feel closer to it.

Do some research, see what's in your own back garden, pack a bag, put your trainers on and just get outside. You'll feel all the better for it.



| find me on twitter, instagram, pinterest and bloglovin |

3 comments

  1. Thanks for this, it's easy to forget that little solo adventures are accessible and doable no matter where you are. This was a good reminder.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh look at that view, it's beautiful! Love the idea of bringing a thermos of tea and a book to relax at the top for a wile.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely photos, looks like a perfect solo trip. Little adventures are so awesome, I think it's s really important to explore what's on your doorstep.

    Liz x
    Distract Me Now Please

    ReplyDelete

All your comments are very much appreciated! If you have any questions either leave them with your comments or get in touch with me here: ninanenor@gmail.com @the_littlenomad

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
| the little nomad |. All rights reserved. © Maira Gall.